Search This Blog

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Nintendo get ready to launch WiiWare with nine games


Nintendo has officially announced details regarding the Japanese launch of WiiWare, and it’s looking pretty sweet. The service premeires on the 25th of this month with nine games, including My Life As A King: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (huff, puff) from Square-Enix, Pokemon Ranch and Dr. Mario from Nintendo, and Star Soldier R from Hudson.

While I’m quite anxious to give all of these titles a go, it’s Dr. Mario with its 4-player pointer mode that has me most excited.

What I’m really curious about is whether Animal Crossing will forego the disc format altogether and end up a WiiWare exclusive, as some have predicted. I wouldn’t count on it, but who knows.

WiiWare launches in the US on 5/12.

Nintendo Wii japan site

Source: 4CR